Wednesday, March 2, 2011

22 Weeks!

Soooo for the first time since I started this blog I DIDN'T write on the day I was supposed to! Oops!

Anyways, we are 22 weeks and 2 days now. Christopher is getting big, apparently he is the size of a papaya (8 inches, 1.2 lbs...chunky monkey!). Also his eyelids have formed and he has also gotten his eyebrows! Also his internal systems are developing and maturing. Overall, he seems to be moving right along! I can't believe I have like 17 weeks to go. That's so crazy to me.

DH comes home in a few months, his day got pushed back a little bit (thank you Army...) but he'll still make it home in plenty of time to do the nursery and be here for me and the baby, before the baby is actually here.

Some random symptoms I've started to notice (who knows if they are pregnancy related or not....though I'm pretty sure you can attribute every positive or negative thing going on in your body for 9 months to pregnancy!): a random vibration type feeling right underneath my left breast/rib cage area, who knows what that is about; also I think I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions. Originally I thought the baby was pushing out right below my belly button because every now and then my uterus gets really hard at the bottom. It's slightly uncomfortable and almost always makes me feel like I have to pee...I just always blamed him, anyways I googled it last night and it sounds more like BHC and less like the baby. So I'm going to focus on my water intake to make sure I'm not getting dehydrated. Also my sleep habits have gone to crap. Like I can go to bed around 10-11 and without fail I will wake up between 4-5 and find it impossible to fall back asleep. I generally play a game or two (or three or four...basically until I win!) of solitaire, start my music over again and fall back asleep. Ughhh. I find that probably the most annoying of all. Oh and the back pain. RIDICULOUS. I bought a pregnancy wedge and it's helped a little, but sitting for too long is awful, laying down it's hard to get comfortable. Overall things are good and if these are the only complaints we have so far I think everything is going okay! I can live with these things :)

I'm also trying to focus on what I'm eating. I weigh myself everyday to make sure I'm not gaining too fast. I know I'm supposed to gain weight, but I gained like 10 lbs in one month...it could have been all baby, but I just wanted to make sure. So I'm writing things down (along with calories, fiber and protein!) and keeping track. I'm aiming for 75g of protein a day. It sounds like a lot, but it adds up fast. I've also discovered my craving- Flintstones Push Pops....YUM! I try to limit them, but I do indulge every now and then!

Alright, more in a week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment