Monday, January 24, 2011

17 Weeks

Apparently my child is a whopping 5.1 inches long (head to rump :) and weighs a whole 5 ounces. Watch out :)

I still occasionally feel flutters...I can't wait for the real kicks and when I can feel the baby move all the time. Though I think that wish is like wishing your child would learn to crawl, or walk, or heck even potty train. It's all good in theory, but the moment you have a one year old that's trying to walk (SLOWLY!) everywhere or a three year old that tells you they have to pee...like ten minutes too late...you change your attitude. Wasn't carrying them and changing diapers so much EASIER?!? I know, I know...even my 5 inch long child has to grow up sometime.

DH and I have (I think) agreed on a boys name, Christopher Aaron. If you know our last name than you know our child will have his hands full learning that whole name. Poor kid. But if my name can be just as long, alright 2 letters shorter but STILL, then he'll get used to it. And he'll probably be Chris anyway :)

But for girls. Sheesh. How is it so hard?? He did say he liked Hannah. Which is a step in the right direction...considering how it's the first girls name he's said he liked. And I've given tons of options...so it's not for lack of me trying! I know you're probably thinking it's only 17 weeks...we have time (unless this is who I think it is and she will totally understand!) but I'm the kind of person that I want everything to be planned out. Including, especially including, the baby's name.

So I ran yesterday morning. At a slow pace, only a 10 min/mile. And I only ran one mile. (I really had to pee...so I did the best I could :) But then I got a really funny comment from someone saying to be careful or my water could break. At 17 weeks. Oh okay. I've heard a lot of reasons for not running, or even exercising at all, during pregnancy...that tops them all I think! The funny thing is, she's pregnant with her second child so she really believes this. Where did these beliefs come from? Why is it that doctors or midwifes tell people this? I know some pregnancies do not allow for any type of exercise and that's different. I'm completely healthy and pretty active. Besides the more active you are during pregnancy the easier you're labor should be. I for one am all for making labor easier!

On a side note, I found a doula and registered for Bradley Method classes. I WILL have this child without medicine. It's just my personal belief. It's something I have to do, for me. In order to do this I want to be as prepared as possible. And I want DH and my close, completely high strung friend to be comfortable too :)

I am completely out of non-maternity pants. I haven't zipped them in awhile but it's too the point where the zipper bothers me. So hello maternity jeans.

Oh and I can no longer suck my tummy in. Hello baby bump as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment